Friday, September 11, 2009

People In Need

Most of you guys might be familiar with the local community known as Sounds Of Hope.
I really admire the whole idea of the community, which is to fulfil his Majesty's vision of zero poverty in Brunei by the year 2035. The community consists of youth volunteers who engage themselves in activities such as visitting homes of needy people and persuade them to somewhat stand against poverty. Adding to this they also supported them with foods. I gave my fullest attention after first hearing about this.

"I feel there is a need for me to help these families in poverty, especially in helping them to build a new beginning"
Remarks of: The Founder of SOH.

-This is one of their most heart-touching poster-(Click to enlarge)

I feel like this is a good start to decrease the rate of poverty in the counrty. And this act should deserve the fullest of supports from the society, especially from the locals. You will always have my support thus i'm looking forward to be a part of this community like the rest of the volunteers but I intend to join in on a later date since I'm going through a peril right now (preparing for my nearing PMB exam)

-Wishing the community and it's supporters the best of luck-Especially in their upcomming charity gala event!

No comments: