Thursday, September 10, 2009

YE' GOODE OLE' THIMES!

Wow. The Eid is not until a few more weeks!

I am so looking forward to celebrate Eid this year since yesteryear we celebrated it in London for the very first time meaning we did'nt celebrate it traditionally. And we were far away from the family that we usually celebrate with every year thus making the Raya Spirit unperceivable by us. Although we did enjoyed the first day of Raya there with a few Bruneians from Newcastle whom we had never met before. Nonetheless we made it feel like we're celebrating it in Brunei by loitering around the living room and munching on some of the kuihs from Brunei and some cashews (peanuts) . And the funny thing is we had a dismay on what we were wearing since most of us wore the cara Melayu costume in a jacket or a sweater, well regarding the cold Autumn temperature outside. lol.

Ofcourse, we can hardly forget the family in Brunei. I remembered when we were Skyping (video calling) each other through the internet. I did it often with one of my uncles in KB and there was one time we were skyping with some of our relatives who were having Raya at my Grand's place. It totally was a memorable Eid. Unfortunately we did'nt took any pictures on the first day but my mind is still wired to it. Oh..I almost forgot, a big thanks to our Aunty zaLeha for rendering a good hospitality while we were there. YE' GOODE OLE' THIMES!

This is a picture that I had never posted before. Its a shot of us a family in Trafalgar Sq. London. Taken by one of the people there.

And..I'm so sorry for disapperaing all the sudden leaving this blog deadly redundant for almost 2 months. Notice my last post was on the 15th of July. lol. So I'm taking this oppurtunity to wish everyone a Happy Ramadhan since I did'nt got the chance to post it at first because of my exam.

Salam Ramadhan Al-Mubarak everyone!

No comments: