Thursday, July 2, 2009

My fair share of complacent

''Another day..another casualty''
-When I'm gone, Simple Plan.

It totally was news tonight..
Having heard about the H1N1's 93rd case here in Brunei just got the fireworks popping inside my head. And not to mention the first death that the H1N1 has caused to a 12 year old local. Innalillah.

I was reading cousin Muaz's blog this morning about the certain Bruneian who stands ignorant towards the H1N1 disease. I think I should have my fair share of complacent on this. But seriously-I cant even believe our locals are acting this way. Some even remarked why they hangout at the Mall instead of staying at home although they are aware of the spreading H1N1 disease especially in crowded places. For instance:

A 13-year-old student, Nadheerah Affandy also said that the reason she was at The Mall was because she had nothing to do at home. "I am scared of contracting the virus here, but I would rather come out because there is nothing to do at home," she said, adding that she might think about staying at home for the rest of the week.

I've copied the above from an article of BruDirect..And It suprises the heck out of me..A person who rather spends swashbuckling time in crowded places than staying safe at home. And If I was the one interviewing her..I would reply something like ''You're just a downright disgrace if you asked me'' For good's sakes I will!

Yes people, that is what happens when my critics got loose. lol =P

And if you think that teenager's comment was'nt disgraceful enough..Wait until you hear what a parent has to say:

Parent, Zulkifli Hj Tengah, whose three children are in primary schools, echoed the same sentiments. "Although I am aware of the advisory by MoE, I do not feel scared bringing all my children here because it's a safe place to me."

Dont parents usually know better? But from this individual....where do i even get started?

If you wish to read the whole article, which I highly recommend, click here.
You'd be suprised to know just how ignorant people could be!

No comments: