Monday, October 26, 2009

Its all about fittin' in

Bonjour everyone! I am back. Sorry for the long break. Needless to say that I have to prepare myself for my exams earlier this month.

Now that its Summer for me and I've finally got 3 months of joie de vivre...I can blog anytime I insist =D

Anyway I was reading this article about 'Teenagers nowadays' and i feel like its something worth blogging about. It reads that a fourteen year old boy caught stealing a pair of jeans from a clothing store claimed that it was'nt his fault. His reason was that his friends made him do it and if he did'nt he won't be accepted as part of the group.

But are we to believe that a fourteen year old can't differentiate between right and wrong? Giving a reason that it was instead his friend's fault is kind of ridiculous, but not entirely i guess; maybe its just peer pressure from his friends. Maybe the kid desperately needs friends and is willing to do anything to achieve it. What I'm trying to point out here is not the wrongdoings of the kid, but instead the friends that he is trying to fit in with. Thats why at times we've got to think wisely before choosing the people we wish to be friends with because somewhat- our friends can shape who we are either positively or negatively. Follow me on this: Imagine if you associate yourself with people who do drugs, alcohols or have the habit of stealing. Their negative influences would slowly attract you to do likewise. But imagine associating yourself with people that you can draw upon ideas, energy, motivation and accountability. I guess you could already imagine the positive effects it sheds.

Nonetheless, the people we associate with will have a profound impact in our lives. They definitely play a relevant role. Thus I like to dedicate this post to all of my thoughtful, caring friends who have always been there for me regardless. Although some of you are heading for your seperate ways next year; by moving out to different schools. But I wont worry much about that, Brunei is not that big; i'm sure we'll run into each other in the future when we got careers and ask one another 'how's life going'. lol. can't wait for that to happen.
But until then:
Au revoir and
Happy Holidays yo!

1 comment:

Senor Pablo said...

Well said! I like this post cos it reminded us not to do things becos of peer pressure. Have the ability to analyse the consequences before embarking on any action!!! I hope this to be an inspiration to others!!

Are U in Australia? Since When?