Thursday, October 29, 2009

Its what I call 'Joie De Vivre'

A friend of mine can't help noticing the french words i've been using in my previous post. She asked me how I knew those words. Lets just say i've been taking french lessons when reading this book: Tale of two summers.

And speaking of books, want to see my neat book collection s'il vous plait?

I've been collecting em' since late last year. I know its not many, cause I've been reading library books as well. And no those library books ain't included in the picture above.

Furthermore...I've just finished my readings on If you think you can (teen edition) authored by T.j Hoisington. Sounds familiar to you? Its just that I've been mentioning about it alot, especially in this blog. Given that I have finished reading it, i'm striving my attentions to Torey Hayden's Silent Boy (aka Murphey's boy), which I just bought yesterday at Best Eastern. Heres a review on the first 20 pages: Its bona-fide baby. lol!

I'm making reading as a habit. Just like what my old primary teacher said: make it a habit, and you'll derive benefits. Frankly it all started when I first had the thoughts that reading a story book could entertain me on my 16 hours of flight to London last year. lol. But by golly reading turned out to be an obsession, I bought two books that month when I was in London. And one of them was a limited edition! The books are in the picture above. I like reading stories, which explains my devotion to the subject History, which furthermore, I got an A for, in my mock-exam =D

As an aftermath I started living with this philosophy; judge a book not by it's cover or dont judge a book by looking at it's cover. Trust me a book that has a good lookin' cover does'nt mean that the storyline or the inside is better. Most of my books are sci-fi (science-fiction) and have stories that does'nt relate to reality in anyways at all. Its nice reading them, if you anticipate which is, it feels like living in this c'est choute fantasy world. lol.

Nevertheless (here comes my formal statement) I read because I acknowlege it's benefits, needless to say what they are though. Thats why I'm trying to keep a passionate, bourgeoisie perspective towards reading and not let that habit just fade away.

Especially in this holiday, I've got a lot of time to kill by reading my story-books =D

P.s: Navigate yourselves to the the book's sources by clicking on the highlighted words.
And just so you know; all the italic weird words in this post, well it's french. look it up =D

Arrivederci!

No comments: