Saturday, January 3, 2009

Book Review: Gone

The book was written by Michael Grant. One of the worlds best selling books of 2008. I've been craving for this book ever since i saw its first promotion in Harperteen. Now, i cant help myself from divulging the fact that the book is right here in front of me. Before i countinue a word longer in this post; i would like to thank my Uncle Ben for buying me the book from KL. Gracia's!

The book contains 576 pages, 47 chapters. Well, to be honest, i havent actually finished the book. hehe. I am currently in Chapter 5! Believe it or not. Gah! still a long way to go. But my experience through out the first 4 chapters was utterly engrossing. And i'll wonder what the other unread chapters will bring me next. Yeah! This is one bizzare book. Read the preview:

Except for the young: Teens, Middle schoolers, Toddlers. But not a single adult! No teahers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. And just suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to figure out what's happened. And no way to get help! -End of preview-

So...How'd it sound like. Im sure it will captivate the minds of teenagers. But i dont think some adults enjoy books like this. hehe. Well, my review (Throgh out the first 4 chapters i've read) : The story was full of suspense, suprises, expectations, hopes, mysteries, thrills. Anything you can imagine. But nontheless amusingly Funny!

I dont want to type much about my review, Because first thing: I havent read the whole book. I barely even reach a quater in statement. Secondly: This is my first time making a review on a book. Although its pretty unusual. Anyways..If my review isnt enough to captivate your minds. Hey wait, heres a fact:  Dont judge a book by looking at its cover. You judge it by its Trailer! Haha. Nah, im just kidding. But seriously, the book gots its own official trailer. Check it out!!



Sources:
.More details on the book: Click here
.To listen to the book's prodocast: Click Here
.Browse more books: Click Here
.To order online: Click Here

No comments: