Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beyond Simplicity

''You might be a big fish in a little pond
Does'nt mean you've won cause along may come
A bigger one''
-Lost, Coldplay.


Sometimes it makes me wonder...
Wondering why my thoughts sometimes differ from some people, although among those people I am the only one who is having thoughts repelling against their's. I mean, those certain people are like exporting (from their mind) series of the same ideas like one another..While I, I remain particular since what I have stored in my 'idea-box' does'nt really relate their's. Well this does'nt make me left out or excluded because in the end I'm gonna say something like ''Its life, people cant relate to the same ideas/thoughts/opinions, thats why we have revolutions''

And from what I have thought of this, Is just that I have a mindset of Beyond Simplicity

Yeah-Its because I never took much interest in simple things..Well dont get me wrong or anything..I'm just saying of what is inside my mind. Like I always avoid thinking that in the future I will work in a company's cubicle typing paperworks for the rest of my life (nightmare). I want to explore the world atleast. And judging from my choices, well my mom could tell, cause she always whines about me having a bad taste..although what I have choosed interests me but not to others.
I always like to see the bigger things in life and just hope I can reach up to it, but I never had concerned the little things in life. Thats my flaw. Likewise: Going for the much advanced without concerning the basics. This is what my dad always provoke me with: Basics!

Just recently, I realised that this 'Beyond Simplicity mindset' of mine is just family genetics. In other words, I got it from a particular family member. And in other-other words: Waris. Who will it be is my grandfather on my mother's side. I knew him since I was just a toddler..Until now, I can say I knew him very well..He always have ideas that seperates against the other family members, even sometimes I disagree with him. And I can say he's not a simple man. Judging from his perspectives but I never come to judge on his appearance, because what he wears is everyday typical. But thats not the point..Once upon a time he told me that he wants his home to be a slice of the Sultan's palace, atleast. He did. And he managed to make it more than just a slice..He made his living room carved with gold landscapes on the ceiling and he has a garden in the backyard with all the landscaped features he always wanted.

I've learned from a wise person, that thinking far can bring you far. But from my own perspective: If you think too far, it only leads to catastrophe.

Theres nothing wrong being beyond simple..Just never mistaken the term with 'beyond normal' Now thats another story.

1 comment:

Syazwi Shahif said...

and your latest post, i think we have the same mindset. i too wanna explore the world rather than stuck for the rest of my life doing papers. i mean i don't believe this whole 'one job' thing. you know.

then i thought, i better put my comment here. haha.