Sunday, June 14, 2009

Open your doors Brunei!

''Caterpillar on the tree..Have you wonder who you'd be..
Cant go far but you can always dream''
Butterfly fly away, Miley Cyrus.

I've seen this video a couple of times..A royal holiday report about Brunei. I find it really fascinating, a naturalist walking on the face of Brunei making reports of Brunei's world hidden architectures and at the same time tossing remarks all over. Know what I mean? Exactly.

I'll promise you..Once you click that play button..It'll open your eyes of how Brunei is really like. And not to mention, how the foreigners would think of Brunei. ''Its really captivating to see, but it'll be more if we experience it''. And there goes another iWaly original conceptual phrase! The video did managed to get satisfying feedbacks from some people..Suprisingly most of them were from foreigners.

Here's one from an individual in UK:

'l337z0r: ''I went there for a while, and stayed with my Uncle who works there (In the Oil industry). It was the furthest away from my home (The UK) I have ever been, and it was... amazing. It sparked an interest in world travel inside me.

It is so nice to get away from the realm of normality and enter a place totally different!

Don't think I would live there though.''

I highlighted a sentence there in thicker font..From my point of view..This is how most foreigners would think of Brunei: Its peacefulness comparing to some other countries. I mean, some people are having intentions to escape all those crimes, pollution, etc in their country and Brunei would be the perfect nonchalant place to settle in.

Below comes one of my favourite remark, Its from a local who lives remotely overseas from Brunei..

Zydahm: ''Being overseas, far away from home, and watching this video.. makes me feel what a blessing and a privilege to be a Bruneian, in spite of the things we don't have like any other country.
I am proud to be a Bruneian = Aku bangga menjadi anak watan Brunei.
Majulah negaraku, majulah anak-anak watan!''

I highlighted two sentences there:

The first is..
Things we dont have like any other country
Well I dont blame this person..Because Brunei doesnt have what we are expecting like some other countries..But Brunei is catching up as we well as improving. Sooner or later we'll get what we want. But I just hope the developments wont get too far cause we dont want to end up like some countries..

The first thing that popped out of my mind was the word Patriotic (Re: Second highlighted sentence) This person, although living overseas has'nt forget who he/she really is..Because some local people living in other countries forget who they really are once they find that particular country to be more interesting than the local country.

Le Miuex Brunei! Le Miuex!!

No comments: